Thursday, September 11, 2014

The past few days have been very much alike. Waking up 15 minutes before class, going to class, in which I sport the "grimy, angst, college-student who doesn't get enough sleep by choice" look. I fit in meals the best I can, which have been going great; my plates consist of mainly vegetables. I do wish I'd bring myself to stop eating pastries and calorie dense, though. I'm getting better. Workouts are included in my whenever possible, but I never seem to get around to them, so I've decided to start working out in the morning or before I do any of my homework, just to get it out of the way and feel good for the rest of my day! Homework and studying is a large portion of what I do; sometimes up to 6-7 hours a day. It's ridiculous, and it'll only get longer from here. I've realized that spacing out my work does work out in terms of retention meaning it's a habit I intend to keep and pursue. Procrastination is what I'm really concerned about. It isn't that I do it often -the kind I do is mostly snap chatting Bradley back (and on occasions Anna) - however, it's what I choose to procrastinate in. I'd love to spend that time doing something useful to me, like watching a movie for film class, reading Watership Down or playing the guitar.

I've become sort-of friends with 2 people and have gotten to talk to a few in the past few weeks. Rachel and Markia both live on my floor and have taken interest in pursuing a conversation with me. We've chilled in my room and gone out for cigarette runs. Small things, but meaningful. Leah, Markia's roommate has become a psychology-study partner, which is not much of a friendship, but it's nice to know we have each other for something. Lastly, Talia. I met her in my very first class on my very first day of school. We've hit it off really well! She has a weird, extremely corny sense of humor, but she comes from a good place. There was something else about her that really brought me to where I am right now in terms of our possible-friendship, I couldn't figure it out. Today in art class I noticed her simple jean-short, screen T-shirt and low green-chucks attire and realized that her simplicity and good heart reminds me of Emily (Halverson). They're very much a like. Hopefully this friendship doesn't crash and burn like that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment